Sunday 2 May 2010

Altered wood

This is for a swap hosted by Ju over at Crafting Corner. She hosts a variety swap each month which is really good for pushing your crafting boundaries!!!

Aprils swap (yes I am behind LOL!) was to use wood. This started off life as an off cut from my kitchen (which I've had for 2 years, not that my hubby is a hoarder or anything LOL)

I painted it using Heidi Swap acrylic paint in cream. The image is (I think) an Art Journey one. I know she is from a christmas plate. The velum flowers are from a QVC kit that I've had for ages sat in a drawer.
I thought the sides looked a bit left out so I used some felt ribbon and decorated them with gems.

All in all not a bad little bit of recyling!!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday
xx

8 comments:

sam21ski said...

Great job Claire, now what to do with the rest of the kitchen - lol !!!!

Ang C said...

Gorgeous - lovely image

Nannieflash said...

Hi Claireabelle, wow what a lovely image, and so cute to, love your card. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Amy said...

Very pretty image and such a cool project, Claire! And I'm sure the piece of wood is much happier now too! :)

Riet said...

Wowww Claire,so beautiful.

Hugs Riet.xx

Jules said...

Wow Claire - what a fantastic make.

I would never have thought of using a piece of wood in this way.

Very inspirational.

Enjoy your Bank Holiday Monday.

Love Jules xx

Tessmatt said...

This is lovely Claire, great idea, beautiful image. xx

ju said...

Love it to bits Claire - and the best thing is you have to send it to ME!!Yay!! Thanks for joining in hon. xx