Friday 11 June 2010

Are you a WCW?

What's a WCW? A World Cup Widow. My hubby informed me a few weeks ago that he would only be watching the England matches (of which there would be at least 3!) 'No probs', Im thinking, I'll just go round to my friends.

When I got in from work this afternoon the South Africa and Mexico game was on. 'I'm watching this cos it's the host nation playing', was the cry. Then tonight the France and Uraguay match has been on. Apparently I've misunderstood the phrase 'Im only watching the England games', I guess by England he actually meant 'all countries playing!

On the upside it means I can craft away to my hearts content without him complaining LOL Anyhow, I made this piece for no other reason that the football was on!! It started off life as a large jigsaw piece. The skull is Tim Holtz grungeboard that I painted with white acrylic and swiped over some perfect pearls. I made the eyes by using beads threaded through some wire.

The backing paper and silver 'things' are from Stampin up. The heart and wings are also grunge board that I've glittered for a bit of added bling.

Anyhow, enjoy the rest of your Friday night! :o)

6 comments:

Beccy said...

Skull looks great - and of corse you misunderstood. Only watching England matches means that you have to watch all teams that may end up playing England throughout the tournament. So that useful advice can be shouted at tv to the team and ensure they win!

Riet said...

Ohhh so gorgeous Claire.

Hugs Riet.xx

sam21ski said...

Thankfully NO, OH doesn't do footy either!!!!

Love the jigsaw piece and skull xxxx

Unknown said...

MY goodness your work is so stunning. Every time I think - cor that's brill - and think it's the best thing you have made - you go and do another, and another and another.

Your cards are absolutely awesome - I just adore the red 'cute' one you are so good at colouring in.

It makes me laugh when you do a 'quick make' as I am so slow at making things. The tag you so very kindly commented on took me hours! Must be because I am old

Nannieflash said...

Im afraid my hubby isnt into football so I have a problem with him allowing me to craft all the time he gets a bit upset when Im doing it all the time.
Anyway love your mask and the bits and pieces youve created. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Minxy said...

I see your manging to juggle the cute with the altered.. not something i've mastered, its either one or the other with me lol
great jigsaw bit, if you get low of pieces give me a shout as i seem to have them coming out of my ears here lol...